As a Process Engineer, working within the CooperVision Specialty EyeCare Division at Procornea, you will be responsible for providing process engineering and manufacturing support to the operational departments regarding yield and efficiency. You will daily monitor production metrics in a medical device manufacturing facility operating to ISO 13485 standards. In summary, your role is to maintain and improve process efficiency and develop best practices within the production process.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
• Draft and develop process ideas to reduce costs, improve quality.
• Conduct risk assessments.
• Perform optimization tests.
• Develop, optimize and standardize operating procedures and work instructions for existing, improved or new manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Assist or lead in solving complex problems, analyzing possible solutions using standard methodologies, procedures, experience, judgement, and precedents.
• Develop specifications, validation protocols and reports of activities associated with processes and equipment.
• Provides technical advice, guidance and training to process and operational personnel on any upgraded and/or new process/equipment introduced into manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• At least 3 years of experience as an engineer with process/equipment optimization focus.
• Knowledge and experience working in a regulated medical device environment to ISO 13485 and/or FDA Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 21 is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of process design and development, equipment automation design, development, installation and validation.
• Knowledge in statistical process control and monitoring. Knowledge and practical experience of the use of Lean Six Sigma tools is highly desired.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to guide, direct and support process manufacturing and operational personnel.
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate peers and management.
What we offer:
You will join a modern, growing and informal company at the forefront of Contact Lens development, we have 30 days of leave and a good pension plan, among other things. You will have a varied job with many interesting challenges, no two days are the same. In addition, we find it important that you can continue to develop yourself.
Are you enthusiastic about this role? Email your resume and motivation to [email protected]. For further information you can contact Bas Reijnen, Sr. Manufacturing Engineer or Susan Duteweert, HR Administrator: 0313-677677.